Friday, June 17, 2011

Gopher proof vegatable pots

So I had already adjusted the main gate, it was sagging. Put a new handle on a scooping shovel I found in the shop, as well as split and stacked a bit more firewood. I need a little diversion.

So I went to the log pile and pulled out these 3 pieces from an 18" oak limb. I had brought some tomato seedlings from Santa Clara but was hesitant to put them in the ground.I don't like feeding gophers. Now I could have painted the fence, but that did not sound like fun. So I added a little sandy soil/ potting mix blend to the hole and placed them on some concrete stepping stones.
Gopher proof tomato pots
The bucket in the middle has my Rosemary in it.The bucket had rusted out so it will drain. so far so good on the bucket. I will let you know if the tomato plants like the pots as much as I do.