Friday, June 24, 2011

New group

  We had a group from Seaside Community Seventh Day Adventist Church came to Whisper Canyon. This is their first time to the camp. They were doing a coed scouting type program during the afternoon. Fire starting was one of the items they tried
I did take a picture of the water feature in the morning sunlight. I think it turned out pretty sweet.
It got somewhere near 88 deg.today. Being from Seaside, it was warmer than they are used to. They turned the water feature into a place to play red robin. The water made it more comfortable.
We are never quit sure how a group will like the camp. These folks settled right in and are having a good time.
    They did not need my attention so I went and checked out the orchard. I was surprised to see that our apricot tree has a small amount of fruit on it that is almost ripe. I went and looked at the plum tree and it is loaded with fruit. It needs a few more days to ripen also.
Toni Shuma had helped us last fall with some pruning. I really did not expect much fruit. The lemon tree is just starting to blossom. It should produce nicely this year.